of the International Talking Birds Championship of Poland
mentioned as the "Competition" hereunder.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a) Participant - a person who submitted an entry for the Competition;
b) Competitor - a bird submitted to the Competition by a Participant.
2. Theme of the Competition is the selection of the best talking birds among the videos submitted by Competition Participants and published by the Organizer on the YT channel of the Competition.
3. The Organizer of the Competition is the company Center of Exotism, 44a, Trakt Napoleonski Str., 04-809 Warsaw, Poland, NIP 521-143-21-99.
4. The Competition is carried on in the YouTube service on the PAPUZIA TV (PARROT TV) channel created by the Center of Exotism (URL address: https://www.youtube.com/c/PapuziaTelewizja).
5. The period of the Competition is unlimited, however each edition runs two subsequent calendar years* and begins on January 1 at 00:00 a.m. UTC, and ends on December 31 at 12 p.m. UTC, which for the winter Central European Time means UTC+01:00. Votes, mentioned in point 19, cast after this date, will not be included. Entries to each Competition edition will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. local time on November 30 in the second year of the edition . All videos submitted after this date will be treated as entries of the subsequent edition and will be published on the Competition channel after December 31.
6. Each edition results are adjudicated at the beginning of the next calendar year. There must be entries of at least 2 Competitors for Competition to be adjudicated. In the event that the number of entries by the end of the calendar year is lower than 10, the Organizer reserves the right to resign of adjudicating the current year edition of the Competition. In such a case the edition is prolonged for the next calendar year.
PRINCIPLES AND THE COURSE OF THE COMPETITION
7. The Competition is open to Participants around the world and Competitors should be any birds imitating human voice and other sounds, excluding specimen of species belonging to Polish fauna.
8. Birds owned by judges and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible to enter.
9. To be eligible to enter the Competition, a Participant must:
a) read the Detailed Rules of the Competition,
b) fill in all required fields in an entry form which is available through the Competition website (URL address: http://papuziegadanie.pl) and confirm his/her consent to the Rules,
c) give the name of a bird submitted for the Competition and the Participants personal data (name and surname or a nick, e-mail address, phone number and a town of residence), as well as upload a video file or give a link to the video file with the bird's voice and image recorded. In case of two or more birds presented in one video, give the names of birds you submit for the competition in this particular video. All competitors, submitted in this way, will be assessed by jury and YT users votes will be calculated for them according to point no. 19.
10. Videos/entries containing any insulting and obscene content, elements of advertising or videos that involve putting any animal in danger will be disqualified.
11. Moderators appointed by Organizer, in its sole discretion, will be evaluating submissions to ensure that they meet the requirements. Accepted video materials should be published on the Competition channel in the YouTube service within1 month after the entry date of the enrolment..
12. The length/time of the submitted video should not be shorter than 30 seconds and not longer than 2 minutes. The Organizer reserves the right to edit the submitted video material. Any material longer than 2 minutes will be shortened by the Organizer up to 2 minutes. If the video is singnificantly longer, the Orgaznizer may divide it into two or more videos in its sole discretion. The Organizer reserves the right to modify the Participants' video titles. The recordings may contain human voices and other natural sounds on the condition that they do not mislead about the bird's imitating skills. The videos should not contain any background music, which the Participant isn't holding the copyright to.The video may be edited to such an extent that cuts, video transitions, correction of audio and video may be applied. Applying audio and video effects is prohibited.
13. The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any Competitor's skills in a way agreed with the bird's guardian, including the right to film the Competitor on his own. By entering, a Participant assents to use these film materials by the Organizer for promotion and marketing purposes.
14. The number of videos/entries per one Competitor within one Competition edition is unlimited. However, each subsequent video should present new skills (e.g. new vocabulary) which were not presented in the previous videos or were presented in another situation. A new entry form should be filled in for each subsequent video. Entry of each subsequent video of the same Competitor must contain the same data of the bird and its guardian. Moderators may allow submitting subsequent films (more than 3 during one edition), providing that the new video will present significantly new content, which may influent the final evaluation of the Competitor.
15. Each participant may take part in each subsequent Competition edition provided that he will record new videos. The same videos must not be submitted again in subsequent editions. New videos may contain the same Competitor's skills/vocabulary as in previous Competition editions, but regulation of point no. 14 is applied to all subsequent videos in the current Competition edition.
16. Judging will be conducted by a panel of 3 to 6 judges, which will be invited by the Organizer at its sole discretion. The jury will evaluate all valid entries and pick the Champion, the 1st Vice-Champion and the 2nd Vice-Champion. The score of the Competition will be announced on the Competition website papuziegadanie.pl. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
17. Jury will evaluate competitors by submitted video materials which have been published on the Competition YT channel within the current Competition edition. Each bird receives from each judge from 0 to 10 scores for its skills of imitating human voice and other sounds, and additionally from 0 to 5 scores for other skills, disregarding the number of submitted videos. Detailed criteria of evaluation and scores are included in the Judging Rules (Criteria).
18. Depending on the total score made by each Competitor the ranking from 1 to 3 will be given subsequently to the Champion of Poland, the 1st Vice-Champion and the 2nd Vice-Champion of Poland. In the event of the equal score made by two or more out of the 3 winners, subject to the terms set out in the Jugding Criteria, jury members vote until the tie is broken.
19. The title of "The Talker of the Year" will be awarded to one of the Competitors on the basis of votes ("thumbs up") received from YT users under his/her all submitted videos during the period of their display in the current Competition edition. The votes of users are calculated as a percentage of the number of displays of all Competitor's videos. In case of two or more birds presenting their skills in one video, users votes are divided into the number of birds submitted in the entry form. The users' choice will be announced on papuziegadanie.pl and the Participant will by notified by e-mail.
FINAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
20. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any non-culpable technical problems with entry registrations and submissions of video materials.
21. Organizer's personal dalta policy is compliant with the Polish data protection act. Participants' personal details will be processed by the Organizer only for the needs of the Competition and will not be passed on to any third party without Participant's prior consent.
22. By entering the Competition each Participant:
a) warrants that has read the Rules and commits oneself to obey them;
b) warrants that the video submitted is his/her own original work and, as such, he/she is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the video. And if the video is not his/her own work, the Participant warrants that its author agrees to its publication and submission to the Competition;
c) agrees to using and distributing the Competitor's image which is recorded on the video, and if the Participant is not the Competitor's owner, he/she warrants that the Competitor's owner agrees to this;
d) agrees to using and distributing his/her image and his/her children images who are recorded in the video and that other persons recorded in the video agree to this;
e) Participants below the age of 18 warrant that they have obtained consent from their parent(s)/guardian(s) to register and compete;
f) warrants to the best of its knowledge that the videos contain no libellous or other unlawful statements, and does not infringe on the rights of others;
g) grants to the Organizer a non-exclusive, toll-free, worldwide right and licence to use his/her videos in conjunction with computer systems and/or programs including reproductions in whole or in part or publications in all media, as well as to incorporate the video into one or more collective works, and to reproduce and publish the works in all media and to authorise reproduction of the videos by others without time-limit;
h) in case of being awarded Participant agrees to photo or/and video documentation of his/her person when collecting the prize and/or recording by the Organizer or by himself/herself an overwiew video about him/her and his/her bird and agrees to using the materials for promotional and marketing purposes of the Organizer.
23. Prizes to be won in each Competition edition will be each time published on the Competition website http://papuziegadanie.pl/en the latest before the end of the current Competition edition. In order to confirm the will of receiving the prize, the winner should reply to an e-mail notification within 14 days from the date of its sending, under pain of nullity. In case of an inability of personal prize collection, a prize will be shipped only to an address in Poland. The organizer may ship a prize abroad if the participant organizes the shipment and covers the shipment cost. Prizes are not sent outside the European Union. The organizer does not cover any taxes due on the grounds of the awarded prize. Prizes are not subject to be exchanged into money equivalent or other awards.
24. Any complaints regarding the Competition can be submited in writing by registered delivery letter to the Organizer's address mentioned in point no. 3 or by e-mail: email@example.com, within 14 days from the date of the occurance of the claimed incidents or circumstances. The complaint should contain precise data of the person submitting the complaint, as well as the description of the cause of the complaint and the grouds of the complaint. Complaints will be handled within 14 days from the date on which they are delivered. The claim procedure does not devoid the Participant the right to effective administrative and judicial redress. In all matters not covered in these Terms and Conditions, applicable shall be the provisions of general Polish and UE law. All litigations concerning the enforcement of obligations connected with this Competition, shall be resolved by the court due to the Organizer's head office.
25. This Competition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with YouTube or any company associated with YouTube. YouTube is neither legally nor financially responsible for any claims of Participants, connected with their participation in the Competition.
26. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules at any time.
27. These Rules are also supplemented by the Assesment Criteria.
28. By entering the Competition the Participant assents to obey the provisions of these Rules.
* the 3rd edition of the Competition ran from the announcement date, e.g. from March 8, 2015 until December 31, 2016.